Thursday, October 8, 2015

WHO DO YOU SAY I AM





There are so many words that are descriptions but not identifiers. 
We tend to use these "descriptions" as part of our identity.
At least I do.
Maybe you think you don't. But you're lying. 
Because if not now, at some point you did.

Skinny. Fat. Tall. Short.

Abused. Broken. Defeated.

Those words may describe who you are or who you've been but they are not your identity. 

Personally, I've been all those words. Some people believe I'm tall, others think I'm short. I've been both skinny and fat. And I've been abused, broken, and defeated. 


However, I've also been told all my life that I am beautiful. 
And part of me believes it, and most of me doesn't. 

That word may describe me, but I haven't made it my identity.

Because I have been realizing that my identity and your identity has nothing to do with what we think about who we are. 

But everything to do with what God thinks and says. 

And it's my choice - your choice to either believe it or continue to believe the "descriptions" we've placed on ourselves. 

I don't completely believe in everything God says about me. But it's a process. And I am not where I used to be. 

I can look at the ugly things in my past - and they don't hurt anymore. They do not cause the pain they used to cause. The only reason is Jesus. He heals and redeems all things. And though I don't completely believe it YET... someday I will completely believe that I am everything that God says I am. 

That is the heartbeat of this blog. The process. It can be painful, hard, and trying. But it is beautiful. And the process is what makes the end result so beautiful and worth fighting for. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you, Maria! I am impressed! I never heard it expressed that way. Really beautiful! You blessed me today. I will share this with Anna. - Jozef

    ReplyDelete