Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hopeless Romantic


TV Show: How I Met Your Mother. Can we talk about how amazing season 8 and 9 have been? Yeah, I've been basket case (as usual) in a good way. They are doing an incredible job wrapping this season up with Ted's search for his Mrs. and just dang personality is hitting way to close to home.

Moment: I have several. Turing in my TWS (kind of like my dissertation for teachers). 

Having a wonderful conversation with my room mate. We were talking about a boy who currently has a girlfriend that I used to have to a thing with. I was describing how I feel around him to her and I realized those words have never come out of my mouth before. I  completely trust him, don't feel like I need to change myself in any way, or not measure up to his insane standards like it has been with past guys. He completely believes in me to be a great person, a great teacher, and inspires me to be my best. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it rocked my world. It sucks that I figured this out now, but I left the conversation so happy because I know that regardless of who I end up with it'll be like that. And that is a crazy wonderful thing. I remember telling my best friend that I couldn't even imagine being in love, falling in love, because all I knew was pain. All I know is assholes. And while I'm not remotely in love, it was big moment to hear myself describe that person that way. And remembering the way he looked at me. <3 It gives me hope and makes me happy. I hope that makes a bit of sense!

Beauty tip: taking make up off with olive oil. I'd heard it before, and thought it was stupid but then reheard it on a beauty video and tried it. It really works! I've also been using it as a moisturizer at night because I didn't feel like purchasing another lotion that didn't contain spf. I feel my eyelashes are in great shape because of it. 


Linking up with the cutest mama to be Katie Did What

4 comments:

  1. That convo you had with your roomie is so sweet. I LOVE what you said- hope is such a huge thing and I'm so glad you have it :) As you should!! I'll have to try the olive oil thing for makeup removing! I haven't been happy with my wipes lately!

    Thanks for linking up, girly :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an encouraging conversation. I felt like a new person realizing those things, even if they are about someone who doesn't reciprocate those feelings anymore. I hope you like the olive oil thing! It's a bit odd but I love it :)

      Delete
  2. your hair is perfect! you're stunning my friend.
    ps. your blog is darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much for checking out my blog, I appreciate it :)

      Delete